|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Tue 27 Mar, 4:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- $135,000 - $140,000 (PA depending on experience) Plus laptop, company car and mobile phone.
- Excellent benefits
- Total ownership of the Lower North Island Region
A key established high profile transport and logistics company that operate across New Zealand are looking to recruit a Regional Manager to join their successful team. As the Regional Manager of the Lower North Island Region Depots you will drive good behaviours and successfully lead the team to ensure the company continues to provide an excellent service. This is a great opportunity to run an integral part of the business, with the support of a great organization behind you. They’ll provide you with the autonomy to direct this area of the business but also provide mentorship and support. You`ll be reporting to the General Manager of Operations, and be responsible for ensuring all of the Lower North Island Depots are running efficiently and effectively to maximise utilisation and minimise cost to the organization.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develop and implement operations business strategies to enhance business growth in line with Company and Board objectives.
- Recommend and implement initiatives to streamline operations, cross-dock and warehouse activities.
- Manage key customers in the Lower North Island Region to ensure these customers have a line of communication to senior management and a relationship that results in mutually beneficial operational efficiencies.
- Ensure customer service standards and procedures comply with national requirements and customer services are trained to a consistent standard.
- In areas of service failure, ensure that issues are communicated to the customer in a timely basis and outlining the corrective actions.
- Ensure timely follow up with all customer requests to ensure a high level of service is afforded at all times.
- Explore areas (including alternatives) for growth in consultation with the Business Development Team.
- Work with Business Development/Sales Team to ensure new business requirements (pickup and delivery times, load dimensions (height/weight), type of vehicle suitable etc.) are communicated to Operations prior to the work commencing.
- Subcontractors including Owner Drivers to be reviewed as to performance and price at least every six months.
- All other suppliers are reviewed to determine their services are in fact required, including cost and performance.
- Have a sound appreciation of the end to end internal pallet process
- Resolve issues, both internally and with the customer base in conjunction with the Business Development/Sales Team
- Maintain/achieve pallet KPIs.
- All freight is moved in accordance with company guide lines, policies and procedures (loading, manifests, Sapphire requirements etc.).
- Efficient and cost effective movement of freight is monitored and maintained at all times – ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised.
- Develop and maintain regional operational KPI’s maintaining the highest level of service performance and identify when structural changes need to occur.
- Company operational administrative requirements are met and maintained daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Administration functions are completed within the time frames required, wages, creditor invoices
- Create with ED budget requirements and work within the budget parameters
- Analyse and report trends/issues within the operations and stores for the Lower North Island.
- Ensure that all obligations with suppliers including timely authorisation of accounts are complied with in accordance with company policy
- Plan resourcing requirements, recruit, train and develop the Lower North Island Regional Operations team.
The ideal candidate:-
- Must be conscientious and have positive and professional attitude
- Experience within the transport sector and/or logistics
- Sense of humour
- Need to be confident, have the ability to take ownership, personal drive and commitment and desire to achieve results
- Ability to cope in a pressurised and demanding role
- Solutions-based skills
- Experience within this role or similar
To apply for this fantastic position, please respond via the link.
Please be aware that only candidates with a valid work visa or residency in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.