|Listed||Mon 2 Apr, 12:01 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Maintenance team provides electrical & mechanical Maintenance support to the Port Otago businesses, across a range of diesel powered Heavy Mobile equipment, Ship to Shore Cranes and their associated lifting equipment, and a range of Marine assets.
We are inviting applications from Mechanical Tradespersons with experience in the above equipment to join our Maintenance team. The roles will carry out a full range of maintenance activities to provide a high level of equipment availability to support the business operations.
Career opportunities exist to develop technical capability including carrying out preventative maintenance from detailed task documentation, conducting modern diagnostic fault finding, and working unsupervised.
The following would be regarded highly:
- Experience with maintaining heavy mobile and fixed plant in heavy industry
- Structured technical problem solving abilities using root cause methodology
- Knowledge of working with modern maintenance management systems
- Ability to provide detailed written & verbal shift handover details and work history
- Demonstrate an ability to achieve results within a performance focussed team
- Experience in working at height and the safe use of elevated work platforms
Health & Safety
- Follow the Port's stringent Health & Safety requirements
- Can demonstrate a safe work history in a related heavy industry
- Knowledge of risk analysis, take 5, permit to work, and hazard identification processes
The roles involve shift work aligned with shipping requirements.
Preferred applicants will be required to have a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol tests. Port Otago also conducts random drug and alcohol tests on an on-going basis. Full Ministry of Justice Checks and ACC pre-employment checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/38004/desc/
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.