|Listed||Mon 2 Jul, 1:07 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Maintenance team provides electrical & mechanical maintenance support to the Port Otago business, across a range of diesel powered Heavy Mobile equipment, Ship to Shore Cranes and their associated lifting equipment, and a range of Marine assets.
We are inviting applications from Plant Mechanics with experience in the above equipment to join our Maintenance team. The roles will carry out a full range of maintenance activities to provide a high level of equipment availability to support the business operations.
You will be committed to sharing our 'Southern Way' values - valuing our people and our neighbours, communication is straight up and respectful, everyone is able to contribute, and making good decisions and getting things done.
Career opportunities exist to develop technical capability including carrying out preventative maintenance from detailed task documentation, conducting modern diagnostic fault finding, and working unsupervised.
The following would be regarded highly:
- Experience with maintaining heavy mobile and fixed plant in heavy industry
- Structured technical problem solving abilities using root cause methodology
- Knowledge of working with modern maintenance management systems
- Ability to provide detailed written & verbal shift handover details and work history
- Demonstrate an ability to achieve results within a performance focussed team
- Experience in working at height and the safe use of elevated work platforms
Health & Safety
- A true passion for Health & Safety - not afraid to speak up!
- Can demonstrate a safe work history in a related heavy industry
- Knowledge of risk analysis, take 5, permit to work, and hazard identification processes
The roles involve shift work aligned with shipping requirements which include nightshifts and weekend work.
Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing. Port Otago also conducts random drug and alcohol tests on an on-going basis. Full background and Ministry of Justice checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
Port Otago is now proudly a smokefree workplace.
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/41791/desc/
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.