|Pay & Benefits||$25.88 per hour|
|Listed||Tue 10 Jul, 4:03 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Our Network Services team is responsible for maintaining 4,000 kilometres of rail corridor, bridges, tunnels, viaducts, overhead wires, signals and level crossings.
We are looking for a Signal Box Controller to join our team on a full time basis in Wellington.
In this interesting role you will be responsible for operating the Signal Box's control equipment and make logistical decisions about train movements so that Terminal and Mainline rail train services operate as an effective and integrated unit in support of rail operators.
But more importantly you have to know a few things about this role:
- Those who don't like a challenge will not like this position- When the network is busy, disrupted and stressful, that is the time when your composure will be put to the test. Rising to the challenge will be
- Signal Box Controllers are jugglers, problem solvers and communicators- and every successful Signal Box Controller has these attributes. A Track Maintenance Worker is waiting track side, commuters
solutions that work and are safe.
Your previous experience where accuracy and attention to detail was essential will be matched with:
- Strong problem solving skills under pressure
- Good communication skills including a clear and concise voice
- Be physically fit to spend 2-3 hours on your feet at a time
- A passion for learning with excellent customer service skills
Please note that this role will work on a rotating shift basis - 7 days a week so penal rates do apply.
This is a great opportunity to enter the rail industry and build on your existing skills in an iconic company so if you can think quickly under pressure and manage complex problems safely then this may be the role you have been waiting on.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.