|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 12 Jul, 12:00 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
- Warehousing and Stock Control
- Fork Lift Operation
- Driving (Min Class 4 license required)
- Using Warehousing IT Systems & Completing Paperwork
- Labouring as required
- Additional qualifications such as: Dogging/Rigging tickets, WTR Endorsements would be a distinct advantage, please note these in your CV/Cover Letter.
If you have a can-do attitude and want to be a vital team member whilst working on a remote project in the Pacific Islands on a 3 week on 3 weeks off roster, then this could be a role for you! We're looking to get a couple of people on "stand by" ready to go for upcoming work this year, now's the time to apply if you've ever thought about doing Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work.
- Flights provided from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
- Food, Accommodation, Visas & Travel Insurance provided
- Excellent rates on a contract basis paid fortnightly in NZ Dollars
You'll need to have: relevant qualifications, 3 years min proven experience, excellent fitness due to extreme climates & long hours, a great work ethic & flexible approach, an awesome attitude with good common sense & finally a willingness to help other trades as required. It's very much a team effort on site, we're looking for someone with the right attitude to fit in with the great team we already have working for us.
- 3 weeks on 3 weeks off (You'll be flown back to NZ on your 3 weeks off)
- 1 rostered day off during each rotation
- Working 12 hours per day
We work in some of the most remote areas of the world, if you've previously worked in the mines in Australia or PNG those camps are considered luxury in comparison to the places we operate. You'll need to be happy 'roughing it' & sharing accommodation but we have an awesome bunch of people working on this project which will make which will make the time fly by whilst earning great money & having the experience of a lifetime.
Exceptional fitness is required due to the long hours & extreme conditions, temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in & help other trades.
Applicants MUST meet the criteria below:
- You'll need to be willing to travel to our office in Tauranga for interview/medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us).
- Have NZ or AUS passport for visa purposes due to the countries we work in.
- Be currently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes, logistics involved with interviews/medicals/drug testing etc. We don't accept applications from people who are currently in a role that involves FIFO overseas.
- Have a clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as & random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
***IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION***
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive we only accept applications via our online system so we can manage them all. Please don't call or email to apply.
- Due to confidentially agreements with our clients, we're unable to give out further information about the role (e.g. location) other than what is listed above. Rest assured more info would be discussed at interview stage.
- You must include a current up to date CV, failure to submit a CV with your application will result in your application being rejected.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient as you will get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email.
- You'll receive an automatic email straight away if your application was successfully submitted. If you don't receive this email then we did not receive your application.
WHO ARE WE? Tradestaff Global is part of the Tradestaff group, one of New Zealand's largest & most trusted recruitment companies. We specialise in the supply of expat labour to international projects. We supply FIFO staff into a variety of positions. In construction we regularly recruit for staff such as Builders, Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Concreters & Plant Operators. We also deal with technical roles such as Engineers & Management positions on a regular basis. All current vacancies can be found on our website.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.