|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 2 Nov, 10:04 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Work for a well respected company!
- Work in a busy environment!
- Work where your specialist skills and experience will be utilised!
Currently we have a vacancy for a Night Shift Dispatcher at our Stonedon Drive Distribution facility.
Steel and Tube is New Zealand's leading Distributor and Processor of metal and related products. Our commitment to delivering exceptional service, quality and value to our customers and shareholders is maintained through our people who always act safe and are reliable, accountable and committed.
We're New Zealand's leading Distributor and Processor of metal and related products - and as one of the NZ's 50 largest listed companies we have been on the New Zealand Stock Exchange since 1967. We have around 800 staff in 48 distribution and service centres throughout New Zealand, from Invercargill to Whangarei.
Whilst our product catalogue boasts over 55,000 individual products, what really sets us apart is our people. We are a company that's wholeheartedly committed to our customers, our shareholders and to being a good employer. Health & Safety is an integral part of our business and we have an absolute commitment to providing a healthy and safe workplace.
Our commitment to delivering exceptional service, quality and value to our customers and shareholders is maintained through our people who always act safe and are reliable, accountable and committed.
If you possess strong customer service focus, excellent communication and time management skills and are you able to work well with others in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Co-ordinating inwards & outwards transport providers and liaising with internal Operations staff to ensure timely customer deliveries
- Communicating and facilitating despatch enquiries with customers and internal sales staff
- Inventory queries
- Data management
The successful applicant will:
- be an effective communicator; with good written, oral & mathematical skills
- possess excellent time management skills and be able to prioritise
- be computer literate with the ability to multi-task and be able to use their initiative
- be able to demonstrate assertive instruction as and when required
- process oriented with ability to investigate anomalies and/or improvement opportunities
The hours of work for this role are Monday to Friday from 10.00pm to 6.30am