Listing Detail Tabs
The PreSonus MP20 is a microphone and instrument preamp consisting of dual Class A discrete input buffers followed by a dual-servo gain stage. This design translates into a low-noise, high-gain box.
* Class-A Discrete, Dual Servo Microphone Preamplifier
* 20dB Pad
* 48V Phantom
* 80Hz Roll-Off Filter
* Polarity Reverse
* IDSS Control - Creates Vintage Warmth by Adjusting Even Harmonic Distortion.
* 12 Segment Level Meter
* High Output Headphone Amplifier
* Low Impedance Stereo Mix Bus can be used for Full Control Over Stereo Imaging
* Fully Loaded Back Panel Featuring XLR Balanced I/O Connectors as well as Separate Send and Return Jacks for Inserting Dynamics Processors
* 1/4", High Z Input on the Front Panel for Instrument Preamplification
* Mix Output Connectors are XLR Balanced Providing Connectivity for Professional Recording Systems
The unit has two unique features, an IDSS circuit and a stereo headphone L-R mix bus.
The IDSS control adjusts the drain current on the input FET amplifier, altering the levels of the even harmonics in the signal being amplified. IDSS has an adjustment range of 0% to 100%. The 0% position passes a pure signal. As the control is rotated to the 100% position, the signal's even harmonic series is boosted, giving the signal "warmth".
The MP20's stereo summing bus monitor allows one or both channels to be assigned to the L-R buss. A pan knob allows the placement of the selected signal anywhere in the stereo field. The mix outputs can be used to feed monitoring devices, while the channel direct outs feed the recorder.
Brand New Old Stock