Listing Detail Tabs
The circuit used in the COMP-3A is based on a classic design that uses an electro-luminescent panel and a photoelectric cell to control gain. This gives the COMP-3A a unique, program dependent compression characteristics. The vintage style signal path adds a wonderful and musical character to the sound. Easy to use with only two main controls making it very simple to achieve the desired sound. These attributes has made the original units a favourite of engineers and musicians worldwide.
- Vintage style electronics. No IC's in the signal path.
- Transformer balanced input and output. . Selectable output transformer loading resistors by an internal jumper, will affect the high end frequency response.
- Uses a classic T4-style electro-optical attenuator to control gain with program dependent attack and release times.
- Very simple to operate with only two main controls, Gain and Peak Reduction.
- HF control can make the side-chain circuit more sensitive to mid and high frequency content.
- A big meter selectable to show gain reduction or output level at two different reference levels.
- Hardwire bypass switch for easy comparisons.
- XLR and TRS input and output jacks for flexible connections.
- Link jack and switch for connecting to another unit for stereo operation.
- Compact 2RU half rack format.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.
Buy Direct from the NZ importer