Trade Me stores are a low cost way for a company to break into e-commerce.
For a low monthly subscription fee, you can make your products available to a huge audience at a fraction of the cost of developing and promoting your own website.
If you are interested in setting up your own Trade Me store, please read the following information.
Thinking about becoming a Trade Me Store?
Trade Me Stores provide small-medium sized businesses with a low-cost and highly effective way to increase sales. With the increased promotion you can capitalise on access to New Zealand's largest online marketplace.
- You get a direct link from your Trade Me Store to your website
- Store policies are built-in to enhance trust
- A Trade Me web address to promote [www.trademe.co.nz/my_store/]
- Promotion in our stores section
Qualify as a store
To maintain the quality of Trade Me Stores, businesses must meet certain criteria:
- You must be familiar with selling on Trade Me, having a minimum of 50 positive feedbacks from selling. Your feedback rating must be 98% positive or higher at all times.
- You must be a registered company, registered for GST, and have a sound trading history.
- You need to provide a minimum 30-day warranty on sales and have a commitment to customer service and mediation of any disputes.
- You must comply with the Consumer Guarantees Act and all other relevant New Zealand laws.
|One-off set-up fee||*$399**|
|Automated CC processing (Optional)||Enquire|
Standard sales success fees apply. There are no additional fees for items that do not sell.
Premium listing fees are optional extras and charged as outlined on the Trade Me site.
High Volume seller fees may also apply.
* Prices are exclusive of GST
** Higher set up fee applies to companies with four or more physical stores
8 easy steps to becoming a Store
|Step 1.||Learn about selling on Trade Me and get familiar with how online auctions can help your business.|
|Step 2.||Sell some items on Trade Me. 50 positive feedbacks from selling are a minimum requirement.|
|Step 3.||Talk to one of our store sales representatives. We will work with you to understand your requirements.|
|Step 4.||Sign a contract with us.|
|Step 5.||Provide us with your company information, logo and relevant information for your store.|
|Step 6.||We build your Trade Me Store.|
|Step 7.||Load your products.|
|Step 8.||Start selling!|
- Full page width branded banner presence on the Stores page and Listings.
- Promotional banners.
- Branded banners for listing pages.
- The ability to tag listings as Clearance items.
- Help pages and custom pages.
- One-off Setup fee: $1,500 ex gst
- Monthly fee: $750 ex gst
- 12 month contract
Terms and Conditions
|1.||Stores must adhere to the standard Trade Me Terms and Conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change. You are expected to keep up-to-date with any changes.|
|2.||Stores must maintain a minimum of 10 concurrent listings.|
|3.||Stores must have a commitment to sell through Trade Me. It is not permitted to provide buyers incentives to buy outside of the Trade Me process.|
|4.||Stores must not make efforts to solicit direct sales through their own website, email or other channels outside the Trade Me process.|
|5.||You must have a minimum of 50 positive feedbacks from selling on Trade Me.|
|6.||Fees are to be paid in advance on your Trade Me account.|
|7.||You must maintain a consistent product range. Changes to the type of products you are listing must be declared to us in advance.|
|8.||Stores must generate an average of $150 in success fees each month. This represents monthly merchandise sales of $3000 - $5000 per month.|
|9.||Stores are required to provide a reciprocal link to Trade Me, if your Trade Me Store is linking to your website.|
|10.||Stores are not permitted to operate person-to-person selling functionality on their websites if they wish to be linked to from their store.|
|11.||Trade Me reserves the right to remove stores that breach the terms and conditions with 5 business days notice in writing.|
|12.||A nominated individual must be responsible for all activities of your store.|
Set up your store!
Would you like to get started with your own Trade Me store? Complete the below form and we'll be in touch.
Required fields are shown with a star *