Warranty Part 1
Consumer Guarantees Act
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It
specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these
guarantees. Trade Depot, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of
the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Standard Warranty and Terms of Sale
"When things go wrong, we’ll do our best to right them no matter who is at fault."
Trade Depot offers a standard 12-month warranty on most items excluding circumstances and
items noted under Warranty Limitations. We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on
how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and may not cover
consequential losses or costs.
- Trade Depot offers an easy return policy with money back.
- Spare/replacement parts are often replaced free or very low cost if you’ve damaged/misplaced them and even if the warranty time period has expired.
- When installation of replacement parts is a minor, simple task or does not require a professional service person, we may ask for you to install these yourself.
In addition to our standard 12-month warranty, some of our items and manufacturer ranges come
with an extended manufacturer/parts warranty. Our website will clearly state any extended
warranty terms on our individual product pages.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse of a product and/or use for which it was not designed
- Neglect, deliberate damage, failure to care for or maintain the product in an acceptable manner
- Unauthorised repairs or modifications
- Minor imperfections not affecting performance or decorative value
- Damage caused after removal and reinstallation, for example when moving house
- Installation by persons not qualified to perform them. For example, a gas stove must be installed by a qualified gas technician.
The warranty is for personal or household use only. It excludes commercial/industrial, rental property and item rental use.
Heat Pump Service Areas
Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Napier, Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Wellington,
Nelson, Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin, Invercargill.