2021 Employer and Job Hunter Intentions Report
Our top 5 key insights, plus download the report in full.
1. Businesses are feeling more positive about the year ahead.
Just over 1 in 5 respondents expect to hire more staff than the last 12 months (vs. just over 1 in 10 in 2020). There was also a significant increase in hiring to expand in an existing location (24%, compared to 18% in 2019), showing business confidence is growing.
2. Ensure you have a strategy in place to attract passive candidates.
Kiwi's are favouring the safety net of their current roles with an increase in the number of people planning on staying in their job for four or more years. However, more than half of respondents are either keeping an eye out or are open to new opportunities.
3. Be prepared to move quickly when you find the right person.
Quality candidates are being snapped up, with only 14% of respondents taking longer than three months to find a role.
4. Set yourself apart from the competition.
Job security and stability as well as work/life balance are highly prized by job hunters. Consider what you can offer candidates that will encourage them to click 'apply now'.
5. Alleviate job hunter frustrations where possible.
Job hunters find it most frustrating when there's missing or inaccurate information within job ads, or don't receive feedback from an employer.