- – 2015
- + 2014
- + 2013
- + 2012
- + 2011
- + 2010
- + 2009
- + 2008
- + 2007
- + 2006
- + 2005
- + 2004
- + 2003
- + 2002
- + 2001
Archive for August 2011 announcements
We're stoked to be supporting the Starship Spring Clean again this year. It has just been switched on here at Trade Me, and will be running for the month of September.
We did this last year and it was cool. Who wouldn't want to help out the national children’s hospital and one of New Zealand's most awesome charities, the Starship Foundation?
There are 3 things involved: list an item, pledge to donate auction proceeds to Starship, then donate once the item is sold. Aim to donate as close to 100% as you can. Also, don't forget there's free Gallery on $1 reserve listings. More...
We have some big news about Trade Me. Fairfax Media Limited, our parent company, has announced that it intends to sell between 30% and 35% of Trade Me via an initial public offering.
There are lots of rules about “pre-prospectus publicity” set out in the Securities Act that mean we can’t say too much at this stage, but what we can tell you is that:
- Fairfax is considering making an offer of securities to the public in relation to Trade Me;
- No money is currently being sought; and
- The timing of the IPO has not yet been finalised. More...
You can now promote your used cars, specialist cars, yachts and motorboats for sale by upgrading to a Super Feature. It doesn’t have magical powers, but it puts you at the top of all other listings (on rotation) for relevant searches, meaning more eyes on your listing. See the pretty screenshot below.
Here’s what else you need to know:
- It costs $79 (inc GST) for seven days, then $55 (inc GST) to renew for another seven days
- The price includes a Feature Combo (bold title, highlighted background etc.)
To make your listing a Super Feature, just select the option at the time of listing. If your listing is already on site, you can upgrade to a Super Feature through the ‘promote’ option on My Trade Me.
Back in June, we added free Gallery to every $1 reserve auction listing. The feedback from our sellers has been overwhelmingly positive so we have decided to extend this offer for the rest of 2011! Remember, with Gallery, your main photo will appear in search results and you’ll get more views on your auction.
List an item now
* The reserve price must remain at $1 or you will be charged for Gallery.
In light of recent feedback we’ve added some new categories to the site, including:
- new brand categories for Video cameras in Electronics & photography
- new brand categories for Dishwashers in Home & living
- some new sizing options in the Clothing categories, including girls’ Uniforms, boys’ Costumes and unisex Pyjamas
- some new Books categories in Children & babies (Educational and Activity & colouring) and Non-fiction (including Art, Photography & design, Business, finance & law, and Health & lifestyle)
We’re moving relevant listings into the new categories, so bear with us as we make that happen. In the meantime, feel free to post category suggestions on the message board.