HTML5 ads make animation and interactive elements possible within display placements. This is great for campaigns where
Is HTML5 right for my campaign?
Hosting with Trade Me
If you don’t normally use a third party server, then we can host the file for you. All we need is a zip file containing the compiled code and assets as per the normal publishing process. Don’t forget the clickTag!
The .ZIP file should contain the HTML file for the ad as well as any image or CSS files referenced.
We accept HTML5 ads from all major third party ad servers (DoubleClick, Facilitate, Adslot etc.) or we can host the creative for you.
So, if you already have HTML5 ads on-hand then you're probably good to go, as long as they abide by your third-party servers’ specs and are below 100kb. Just generate tags as normal and send them our way.
- We have two file size limits for HTML5 creative, depending on how large the unit is:
- 100kb max. initial load (200kb max. subload) for all ad units
- Except the 970x250 billboard unit and the 300x600 half-page unit, which can be up to 175kb max. initial load (350kb max. subload)
- Click Tag and Dimension functions must follow HTML5 requirements for Ad Manager.
- Files/creative to be received 3 working days before the start of the campaign for testing and loading
- Code and assets have been tested to ensure they will serve without errors and will run as expected. You can do this with Google's HTML5 Validator.
- If you have used Google Web Designer to build your HTML5 creative, be sure to select "Display & Video 360" as the environment. You can see some examples of HTML5 files in the Rich Media Gallery.