How to create a Trade Me Jobs Profile
A Trade Me Jobs Profile lets employers come to you, and means you can download a professional looking CV in seconds.
What’s the only thing better than buying Hokey Pokey ice cream? Easy – Hokey Pokey ice cream appearing in your freezer, as if by magic.
Well, we’ve taken this logic and applied it to job hunting.
The Trade Me Jobs Profile allows New Zealand’s best employment opportunities to find you. It’s the closest to job hunting in your sleep you’ll ever get.
But how does it work?
Your Trade Me Jobs Profile can create a downloadable CV based on the details in your profile.
Creating a Trade Me Jobs Profile
Once you’ve logged into Trade Me as usual, creating a Jobs Profile is easy, and only takes a few minutes. The process looks like this:
- Enter your personal details – this section uses your Trade Me account info, so should be partially filled in already. You can choose to hide this info if you want to – more on how to do this later.
- Add your skills and education – these can be hard skills related to your industry, or soft skills like communication or leadership. For education, go back as far as high school, and list everything that comes after.
- Work experience – the more info you can give about your previous roles, the better. Details allow employers to approach you with their most relevant openings. If you have voluntary or unpaid internships, these are also perfect for this section.
- Your preferences – this includes the contract type you’re looking for, where you want to work, and your desired salary band. Again, you can hide these details if you want.
Controlling your privacy settings
By clicking on “Who can see your profile?” in the top right hand corner of your profile, you have the ability to select different options for what employers and recruiters see. You can choose between:
1. Full profile
Lets employers and recruiters see everything you’ve included in your job profile (personal information, CV, work history and skills) and allows them to contact you about potential jobs.
2. Limited profile
Your profile is visible to employers and recruiters, but they can’t see all your personal information.
Your profile is loaded onto our system for when you need it, but employers and recruiters can’t see it until you change your profile settings.
You can adjust the privacy settings on your Trade Me Jobs Profile to control what employers and recruiters see.
Why create a Trade Me Jobs Profile?
- Be found – in the same way you look through job listings, recruiters and businesses come to Trade Me Jobs to find candidates. By filling your profile with heaps of details on your work and education, you’ll stand out from the crowd.
- Make a CV – once you’ve created your profile, you’ll have the option to create and download a CV that automatically populates with all the info you need.
- Apply for jobs at lightning pace – a Trade Me Jobs Profile allows you to apply for roles listed on our site much faster.
Alright, time to get cracking!
Other articles you might like