What’s my car worth?
Get an idea of what your car could be worth, price it right and get it sold.
Getting the price right for your car can make all the difference between a quick sale and a long, drawn-out process. It's crucial you have an idea of what your car could be worth, price it right and get it sold.
To help, we've created our valuation tool, which takes data from a variety of sources to allow you to value your car.
Using the tool is easy, simply enter the car’s plate number and an estimated valuation will will pop up. You'll also get some suggestions on factors that can influence a car's value.
What’s your point of difference?
Another good way to gauge how much you should be asking for when selling your car is to look at similar listings on Trade Me. From here, you can think about anything that might make your vehicle more enticing for car buyers:
- It’s only had a couple of owners and great maintenance history.
- Additional features such as an upgraded radio or alloy wheels.
- Recent improvements or important part replacements like a new clutch, brakes or tyres.
- Low mileage
- A recent Warrant of Fitness (WoF) and rego.
Now comes the tricky part – deciding what price you’re going to sell your car for. To give you the best chance of getting the most for your car, here are some tips:
- Leave room for negotiation for classified listings and your set a lower reserve price for actions.
- Don’t compare the price of your car to vehicle dealers, as they usually charge more than private sellers.
- Do, however, be clever like a vehicle dealer and round your numbers down – instead of $10,000, list it at $9,999 or $9,900.
Now that you’ve got an idea of what to price your car at, you should check out some car listing packages. Give your car the exposure it needs and it’ll sell fast!
Other articles you might like