What’s it like to live in Flat Bush?
An up and coming Auckland suburb.
Last updated: 1 February 2023
Your home isn’t just a building. The area surrounding it plays a huge part in your day-to-day life, and that of your family – so you need to find the perfect fit.
Property viewings help you get a feel for individual homes, but how can you learn about a suburb as a whole? Well, in addition to walking its streets, this is a question of good old fashioned research.
To help you decide which is the best suburb in Auckland for your next home, we’ll be exploring some of the city’s commonly searched areas, so you can make up your mind on what’s right for you.
This time, we’re taking a tour of the up and coming suburb of Flat Bush.
Flat Bush’s property landscape
Average Flat Bush property prices:
For the six months to 31 December 2022, Flat Bush house prices* looked like this:
- House: $1.56M
- Townhouse: $989k
- Apartment: $625k
- Unit: $717k
Life in Flat Bush
A new, and multicultural Auckland suburb, Flat Bush has plenty to offer those who call it home. Among the facilities you’ll enjoy if you choose to make Flat Bush home are:
- Green spaces: Flat Bush residents have heaps of green spaces on their doorsteps. The largest of these is Barry Curtis Park, complete with a playground, sports pitches and walking tracks. The perfect place for exercise or to enjoy some tranquility.
- International cuisine: in a diverse suburb like Flat Bush, it’s no surprise inhabitants are spoilt for choice when it comes dinner options from around the world.
- Shopping opportunities: with Botany Downs to the north and Manukau to the south, shopaholics won’t struggle for places to indulge their retail passion.
It’s no secret that driving into Auckland CBD during rush hour can be a tad challenging. For Flat Bush commuters wishing to dodge the morning and evening traffic, a good option is to take the train from neighbouring Manukau.
There are also a range of bus services operating to other Auckland suburbs.
Schools in Flat Bush
If you’re moving to Flat Bush with young ones in tow, or if kids are on the cards in the near future, here are some the potential schooling opportunities on your doorstep:
- Te Uho o te Nikau Primary School - 221 Flat Bush School Road.
- Ormiston Primary School - 291 Ormiston Road.
- Ferguson Intermediate School - Ferguson Road, Otara.
- Ormiston Senior College - 291 Ormiston Road.
If you want to know more about individual properties within Flat Bush, use our homes.co.nz Property Insights. This interface allows you to view records, rateable values (RVs), estimates and recent sales for over 1.5 million NZ properties, as well as tracking how these values change over time.
*Average asking prices are taken from the listings started between 01 July 2022 and 31 December 2022 to reflect market trends.
Other articles you might like