How do I list my car for sale?
Are you ready to sell your car, but not sure where to start? Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it.
Are you ready to sell your car, but not sure where to start? Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it. You can now create a car listing in 3 simple steps:
- Your car details – simply enter your car’s license plate number and we’ll automatically fill in the general details about your car.
- Listing details – choose to sell your car however suits you best – either set an asking price or sell by auction and pay no success fees when sold.
- Description and photos – show your car off in New Zealand’s largest car selling market with great photos and a detailed description.
How do I list as a classified listing (Asking price)?
Classified listings are a great way to get the price you want and are easy to create. You can edit the listing throughout the sale, so there’s no need to worry if you don’t have all the info right away.
Tips to setting an asking price through a classified:
- If you aren’t sure, check the price guide to find out what similar cars are listed for.
- Decide on the price you want to advertise your car for – potential buyers will usually negotiate the price on a classified listing, so don’t put the lowest price you’d accept.
- An interested buyer will get in touch with you through the listing message box to arrange a viewing and hopefully agree on a price that you’re both happy with.
How do I list my car for auction?
Auctions are great for selling your car quickly and usually for a good price. If you haven't listed an auction before, we’ll get you started.
Tips for listing a car for auction:
- Starting price – this is the price you want bidding to start. The starting price will usually be a bit lower than you’d feel comfortable taking for the car. We recommend setting your starting price about 20% lower than your reserve – you’re likely to get more interest this way.
- Reserve price – this is the lowest price you’re willing to sell your car for, and the auction won’t let it be sold until the bids reach this level. Bidders can’t see what your reserve price is until it’s been met.
- Buy Now – this is the price you’re willing to sell your car for, without letting the auction run until close. Once the reserve has been met, buyers won’t be able to use Buy Now.
Want to gain even more confidence in your car selling journey? Check out our next step articles below and get ready to sell your car quickly!
Other articles you might like