What’s a classified car listing?
Setting an Asking price through a classified listing is a great way to get the price you want for your car.
Setting an Asking price through a classified listing is a great way to get the price you want for your car. Unlike an auction, potential buyers will contact you directly to negotiate a price they’re willing to pay and you’re happy to accept. It may take longer to sell than by auction because there’s no specific end date, but you’re still likely to get the price you want.
All asking price sales happen off-site and once you’ve come to an agreement with a potential buyer, you remove your car listing from Trade Me.
Benefits of selling as a classified are:
- Getting the price you want for your car – but be ready to negotiate!
- Genuine interest from people – they get an idea of what you want to sell your car for and whether it’s in their price range.
Classified listing tips
Take a look at these extra tips to help create the best classified ad you can.
- If you’re not getting much interest in your listing, think about lowering your price (use our price guide to find out what other similar cars are listed for).
- Make sure you’ve got great photos and a well-written description.
- An interested buyer may change their mind before they pay for the car, so don’t be afraid to deal with lots of interested buyers at once.
- Leave your car listing up until you’ve officially sold it and received payment.
Feeling clearer about whether or not an auction or classified listing is right for you? Good. That means we can move on to creating your perfect car listing together!
Other articles you might like