COVID-19 trading update: 27 February
Some information about trading safely at the current alert level.27 February 2021
Following the Government’s announcement that we’re moving alert levels, from 6am Sunday 28 February there are some things you need to know about trading safely onsite.
Trading at alert level 2
- You can buy and sell items as normal.
- Trades should be contactless where possible.
- We recommend using contactless payment options like Ping, bank transfer or Afterpay.
- We also recommend using our ’Book a courier’ service for contactless delivery.
- You can buy and sell vehicles as normal.
- Open homes, rental viewings and public auctions of 100 people or less can take place.
Trading changes for alert level 3
- Trades must be contactless.
- Payment must be made via Ping, bank transfer or Afterpay only – cash is not permitted.
- We recommend using our ‘Book a courier’ service to send items. If your item cannot be sent via courier, you must follow our COVID-19 safe trading guidelines and maintain a 2-metre distance from the buyer/seller at all times
- Real estate agents and valuers can enter a vendor’s home to complete an appraisal.
- Open homes are not allowed, however, 3D tours and video viewings are now available on Trade Me Property listings.
- You can arrange a private viewing. Please talk to the agent or landlord to arrange an appointment and make sure you’re following the Government’s guidance.
Take care, stay safe and let us know if we can help with anything.