Trust every trade with Ping
The easy, fast and safest way to buy and sell on Trade Me.
Ping instant payments
All members have access to Ping, Trade Me's very own payments platform that enables quick and easy trades. You just need to set it up with your credit or debit card, or a connected bank account then you're ready to buy or sell.
Why use Ping?
No more mucking around sharing your bank account details.
Payments go through instantly, making sales faster.
We've got your back with Buyer and Seller Protection.*
Buying with Ping
- All Trade Me members are automatically set up with Ping - just view your Ping balance from your My Trade Me page.
- Add your bank account details or a credit/debit card, then you're ready to shop.
- When buying an item, select Ping as your payment option, then choose to pay with your credit/debit card, Ping balance, or saved bank account^. Your payment will instantly appear in the seller's Ping balance, so they can send your item straight away.
- You're protected with our Buyer Protection policy up to $2,500*.
Selling with Ping
- When creating a listing, add Ping as a payment option - when a buyer chooses that option, their payment will instantly appear in your Ping balance.
- Choose to keep the money in your Ping balance so you can spend it shopping on Trade Me, or transfer it to your bank account.
- There's a 1.95% transaction fee for using Ping.
- View your Ping balance here.
Frequently asked questions
Is Ping a Trade Me service?
Ping is a payments service built, owned, and operated by Trade Me.
Is my data safe with Ping?
We don't share your payments data with anyone. Ping meets industry security standards, is audited and security tested to help keep your data safe.