Admin and billing
Take unnecessary effort out of the day to day with Trade Me Motors admin and billing resources.
Direct debit form
Never miss a payment due date by setting up a direct debit - one less thing to worry about!
Need a deposit slip for your method of payment? You can download this here.
Vehicle trader terms & conditions
These terms & conditions exist to ensure a fair playing field for all dealers, a safe trading environment for buyers and sellers, and a great customer experience on Trade Me Motors.
There are a number of business rules that apply to listing on Trade Me Motors.
These are in place to assist dealers with selling their vehicles by enabling browsers to effectively search and locate the vehicles they’re looking for, and create a level playing field.
- Listings must have a manufacturer selected
- The vehicle manufacturer is not able to be changed after a listing has been created
- Listings must have a model selected
- Listings must have a valid year between 1886 and next year
- Listings must have a body type / vehicle type
- Listings must have a price
- The odometer cannot be changed when a listing has bids on it
- Listings can have the odometer edited down by up to 1,000 kms on listings more than seven but less than 90 days old
- Listings must have a registration plate, chassis, or VIN for fuel economy and Background Check information to be displayed
- Words in a listing title must be no longer than 20 characters
- Subtitles must have at least one character
- Subtitles can be up to 50 characters long
- Words in a subtitle must not be longer than 20 characters
- Subtitles can’t contain the symbols '@' and '<'
- Listings descriptions can be up to 2,500 characters long
- Contact information is not to be included in the description or Subtitle on a listing
- Listings must have at least one image to be listed on Trade Me Motors
- If the number of images is reduced to zero the listing will be automatically withdrawn
- Listings must have at least three images for a Super Feature to be applied