- – 2018
- – 2017
- + 2016
- + 2015
- + 2014
- + 2013
- + 2012
- + 2011
- + 2010
- + 2009
- + 2008
- + 2007
- + 2006
- + 2005
- + 2004
- + 2003
- + 2002
- + 2001
Archive for January 2002 announcements
As Trade Me continues to grow, we need to be continually introducing ways to deal with fraud, piracy and other types of unwanted behaviour.
In future weeks we will be introducing new features to improve security on the site and keep the quality of behaviour at its current level. With this in mind the following changes have been introduced:
Unauthenticated members now have limited use of some of the features on the site. These include:
- The question and answer feature is for authenticated members only.
- The auction complaints feature is for authenticated members only.
- Unauthenticated members may place bids on only 3 auctions at a time
- Unauthenticated members may not place bids of over $100.
- Unauthenticated members may not run more than 4 auctions at a time.
- Registration now requires gender, birthdate, and land line phone number
- Authentication now requires additional information birthdate, gender, land line phone number, drivers licence or bank account number.
- A multiple star rating system has been introduced. Members with over 10 positive feedbacks get 2 stars, over 50 = 3 stars, over 100 = 4 stars, over 200 = 5 stars, over 500 = a glowing star.